Curriculum Vitae of Dirk Grossmann
metafinanz Informationssysteme GmbH, Germany
Since January 2006, Principal IT Architect
FJA Feilmeier & Junker GmbH, Germany
November 2002 December 2005, Software Engineer and Project
- Responsible for customizing and extension of the GUI and the presentation/interaction
server of FJA's distributed life insurance policy management system FJA
Life Factory® in a customer project
- Subproject management of customizing the Java components (GUI, interaction
server, group insurance business server) in the customer project
- Design of the integration into the customer's proprietary desktop and
- Software design optimization of the presentation server; design and implementation
of a rule engine
- Consulting in technological and operational matters
- Software development in Java, J2EE
- Managing up to 10 developers
MYBAU AG, Germany
August 2000 October 2002, Solution Architect and Project Manager
- Design of the fundamental software architecture of an Internet portal
for the construction industry
- Responsible for information architecture, system design, management of
implementation, and deployment of the content and community system of the
MYBAU Web site
- Selection of third-party standard software: web content management system,
knowledge management system, search engine, portal server, and community
- Integration of the Autonomy knowledge management system with the Gauss
VIP content management system
- Responsible for the design, implementation and deployment of the application
service providing system using Tarantella, including designing Windows 2000
security policies and evaluation of Windows applications for their ASP suitability
- Software development in Java, J2EE
- Oracle 8i; Sun Solaris, Windows 2000 Terminal Server
- Managing internal resources and external partners during all project phases:
analysis, design, implementation, test, and deployment
- Managing up to 5 developers
Nemetschek AG, Germany
October 1991 July 2000, Software Engineer
- C, C++; Windows distributed Internet architecture: COM+, DCOM, MTS, ASP
- Design and implementation of component-based product modelling software
- Design and implementation of a component-based user interface framework
- System programming on Interactive Unix; HP-UX, Windows NT
1999/2000: Responsible for object-oriented design and implementation
of a user interface framework based on COM and ActiveX for the integration of
the project management modules of Nemetschek products.
19971999: Responsible for object-oriented design
and implementation of a distributed product modeling system using COM+ and C++,
including integration of a proprietary database into Microsoft Transaction Server.
Coordination of the project members of the Slovakian subsidiary company.
19951997: Responsible for object-oriented design
and implementation of the project management module for a new CAD product, including
leading edge object-oriented technology.
19921995: Responsible for the deployment of the Nemetschek
CAD system Allplan on Interactive Unix. Design and development of a user
interface interpreter that acts as a graphical shell for Allplan-specific
system commands. Design and development of an ISDN-based messaging system for
CAD data transfer.
1991/1992: Development of a database supported plan management
facility for Allplan
Study at the Chemnitz University of Technology
September 1986 September 1991, Study of computer science at the Chemnitz
University of Technology, Germany, Department of Computer Science.
Certificate: First Degree in Computer Science
(German Dipl.-Informatiker), predicate "good".
Emphasis: Theoretical Computer Science, Artificial
Intelligence, Software Technology.
Compiling functional programming languages.
High School Graduation
Comprehensive Secondary School "Heinrich Hertz", Special school
with mathematical emphasis, Berlin, Germany
Born on 16. July, 1966, in Hagenow (Mecklenburg), Germany; married.